#SARSMUSTEND: Rivers Protesters Dare Gov Wike, Vow To Protest on Tuesday

Rivers State governor Nyesom Wike has banned all forms of protest today in Port Harcourt.

In a press statement released by the state’s commissioner of information Paulinus Nsirim said “the government took the decision because the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, had already scrapped the Special Anti-Robbery Squad. Therefore, there is no need for any form of protest against a Unit of the Police Force that no longer exists.”

He went further to say that “The Rivers State Government hereby wish to inform the general public that all forms of protests have been banned throughout the State. Therefore, all proposed protests under #EndSars Campaign are hereby prohibited.”

The commissioner stated that violators of the ban would be dealt with.

“Parents and Guardians are therefore advised to ensure that their children or wards do not violate this order. Law enforcement agencies are also directed to ensure that the ban is enforced and that violators are brought to book.”

PH Protesters React

Despite the ban and threat of arrest from the governor of the state, would be protesters are daring the governor and vowed to he out on Tuesday.

Read Also: #SARSMUSTEND: Despite President Buhari’s Address, #ENDSARS Protest To Continue Across Nigeria

They said the protest would be peaceful but if any protester is killed by the police, it will be blood for blood.

@oluwaseungreat tweeted : “Means Wike wasnt getting is due from SARS commander https://t.co/zLtdZVMZYq that the money dey enter,baba no want Protest.🤷🏾‍♂️Make e no dull am,The People want the end to SARS and he has no power to pull the people back.History will be kind to note wike among the Oppressor”

@Mohnice_ said: “Mr Gov The problem now is that, the SARS OPERATIVES will be redeploy to another UNIT of the force with the same mindset and ambition to make quicker money with same manner they(SARS) were using under the UNIFORM of SARS….. So chill we must come out to protest GTF #SARSMUSTEND”

@emmanueligwekin tweeted: “I’m a Port Harcourt boy I lost my left leg to a stray bullet, Governor Wike have no right to deprive us of our civil rights, I’m ready for the peaceful protest, hope you are also ready? Together we say #SARSMUSTEND #SarsMustGo ✊🏾 “https://t.co/KOHDDJs9ZF

@EverythingAdams who is already on ground and sharing live videos tweeted: “Port Harcourt” we are ready. #Wike will not deprive us of our right to protest never. https://t.co/IkfGwKLu4y

@perfectwyS tweeted: Wike knows how tough portharcourt can get but he also knows he can’t trample on our rights to protest. Men for dey calm but 001 don go cause uproar, e no go good if ekelebe attack manchis first 👍🏾

Legal Services For Protesters

0 Reviews

Write a Review

Leave a Reply