STATEMENT BY THE NATIONAL COORDINATOR ADP YOUTH FORUM ON THE WITHDRAWAL OF ADP FROM THE COALITION OF UNITED POLITICAL PARTIES
STATEMENT BY THE NATIONAL COORDINATOR ADP YOUTH FORUM ON THE WITHDRAWAL OF ADP FROM THE COALITION OF UNITED POLITICAL PARTIE
1. The decision of the party to pull out of the coalition might seem good in the short term but not beneficial to the ordinary party member at the long run.
2. Blaming the PDP just as APC has been doing does not make the ADP any different as many of our top members were part of the PDP and this is also an indictment to our party.
3. The manner at which the ADP has handled certain internal crisis like that of Benue and a few other states and how it has treated many youths in the party lives a lot of doubts in our heart if this is the party we especially the first time politicians believed in.
4. The truth of the matter is that Nigeria is sick and diseased in everything and that is evident in everything including the political class in general.
As it stands we do not have patriotic Nigerians ready to move the nation forward. The ADP cannot claim to be different.
A beautiful manifesto is not sufficient to believe we are the credible alternative. Nigeria has excellent laws, policies, etc yet they are mere documents and not implemented.
5. The ADP must not be carried away by the crowd at the Ekiti governorship rally of our able candidate flying our party flag. Large crowd though motivating does not translate to real voters at the pull. Most people turn up for political rallies for payments or if money will be thrown around by politicians.
6. The ADP like every other opposition party knows that the monstrous APC that has become a life threatening cancer and can only be defeated by a coalition of parties united not for selfish interest but saving Nigeria first. If we don’t have a Nigeria of what use would all the effort so far be?
7. What i expected the ADP to have done was put pride aside, not carried away by the good will it has gotten so far and negotiate a better deal for Nigeria whose interest they claim to have.
8. The idea of a government of national unity makes more sense at this time of ethno-religious conflict. ADP should have used the opportunity to ensure a restructured and decentralised Nigeria is included in the MoU.
9. The coalition has a mix of conservatives and progressives and singling out PDP for ridicule is a sign of insincerity and an insult to other members of the coalition like the SDP led by Chief Olu Falae who is considered a more sincere and disciplined personality which has reflected on his administration of his party so far.
10. It is in my opinion that the ADP should reconsider its membership of the Coalition of United Political Parties, CUPP for the overall interest of the Nation and party members. Branding us the third force is not sufficient. Elections and politics require money and we know our party is a broke party.
11. Standing alone or going on an alliance with weak parties would just make us vulnerable to some selfish influential candidate to come buy our conscience afterall we need money to be part of 2019.
12. This is not a verdict to say CUPP is honest but i believe it is the best option for now. They might not be sincere but we got persons too we can trust in their. Many of them might have greedy selfish motives but Nigerians can use them for a better bargain rather than them using us.
13. While i believe there has to be a generational change in governance, it must be with a mix of age, experience, patriotism and ethnno-religious unity. We cannot just hand over everything to an inexperienced youths and with the rate of poverty many youths are still willing to even sell their soul so we have to thread with caution.
14. In conclusion, i would like to state i have absolute respect for the ADP leadership led by Engr Y. Y. Sani. They have worked hard from the beginning and i hope we get to Gloryland together.
The opinion expressed are purely my personal view and does not express an official view of the youths of the ADP. The ADP Youth Forum is not an organ of the party neither is it a part of an organ but an interest group within the ADP.
ADP Youth Forum A.K.A ADP Youth Frontiers