ILLEGAL DEGREE AWARDING INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA
NATIONAL UNIVERSITIES COMMISSION
List of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions (Degree Mills) Operating in
The National Universities Commission (NUC) wishes to announce to the general public,
especially parents and prospective undergraduates that the under-listed “Degree Mills” have
not been licensed by the Federal Government and have, therefore, been closed down for
violating the Education (National Minimum Standards etc) Act CAP E3 Law of the
Federation of Nigeria 2004. The “Universities” are:
1) Christians of Charity American University of Sci. & Tech, Nkpor, Anambra State or
any of its other campuses
2) University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses
3) University of Applied Sciences & Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any
of its other campuses in Nigerian
4) Blacksmith University, Awka or any of its other campuses
5) Volta University College, Ho, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in
6) Royal University Izhia, P.O. Box 800, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State or any of its other
7) Atlanta University, Ayingba, Kogi State or any of its other campuses
8) Sunday Adokpela University, Otada Adoka, Otukpo, Benue State or any of its other
9) United Christian University, Macotis Campus, Imo State or any of its other campuses.
10) United Nigeria University College, Okija, Anambra State or any of its other
11) Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its other campuses.
12) UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers State or any of its other campuses.
13) Saint Augustines University of Technology, Jos, Plateau State or any of its other
14) The International University, Missouri, USA, Kano and Lagos Study Centres, or any
of its campuses in Nigeria
15) Collumbus University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
16) Tiu International University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
17) Pebbles University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria`
18) London External Studies UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
19) Pilgrims University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
20) Lobi Business School Makurdi, Benue State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
21) West African Christian University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
22) Bolta University College Aba or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
23) JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University) Kaduna Illegal Campus
24) Westlan University, Esie, Kwara State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
25) St. Andrews University College, Abuja or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
26) EC-Council University, USA, Ikeja Lagos Study Centre.
27) Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko, Uyo Akwa Ibom State or any of its campuses in
28) Concept College/Universities (London) Ilorin or any of its campuses in Nigeria
29) Halifax Gateway University, Ikeja or any of its campuses in Nigeria
30) Kingdom of Christ University, Abuja or any of its campuses in Nigeria
31) Acada University, Akinlalu, Oyo State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
32) Fifom University, Mbaise, Imo State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
33) Houdegbe North American University campuses in Nigeria.
34) Atlantic Intercontinental University, Okija, Anambra State
35) Open International University, Akure
36) Middle Belt University (North Central University), Otukpo
37) Leadway University, Ughelli, Delta State
38) Metro University, Dutse/Bwari, Abuja
39) Southend University, Ngwuro Egeru (Afam) Ndoki, Rivers State
40) Olympic University, Nsukka, Enugu State
41) Federal College of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Abuja.
42) Temple University, Abuja
43) Irish University Business School London, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
44) National University of Technology, Lafia, Nasarawa State.
45)University of Accountancy and Management Studies, Mowe, Lagos – Ibadan
Expressway and its Annex at 41, Ikorodu Road, Lagos.
46)University of Education, Winneba Ghana, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
47) Cape Coast University, Ghana, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
In addition to the closure, the following Degree Mills are currently undergoing further
investigations and/or ongoing court actions. The purpose of these actions is to prosecute the
proprietors and recover illegal fees and charges on subscribers.
1) National University of Nigeria, Keffi, Nasarawa State
2) North Central University, Otukpo, Benue State
3) Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University, Enugu
4) Richmond Open University, Arochukwu, Abia State.
5) West Coast University, Umuahia.
6) Saint Clements University, Iyin Ekiti, Ekiti State
7) Volta University College, Aba, Abia State.
8) Illegal Satellite Campuses of Ambrose Alli University
For the avoidance of doubt, anybody who patronises or obtains any certificate from any of
these illegal institutions does so at his or her own risk. Certificates obtained from these
sources will not be recognized for the purposes of NYSC, employment, and further studies.
The relevant Law enforcement agencies have also been informed for their further necessary
* This list of illegal institutions is not exhaustive.
PROFESSOR JULIUS A.OKOJIE
NATIONAL UNIVERSITIES COMMISSION,